For most of us, Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Cyber Monday are the “unofficial” start to the Christmas shopping season.
This year, let’s make November 28th, #GivingTuesday the official start to the giving season!
#GivingTuesday is a global giving movement built by individuals and communities in the US and in countries around the world. This year, we have two really exciting giving opportunities that we’d love to share with you.
1. Facebook and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation are matching $2 million for U.S. nonprofits on Facebook!
Starting at 8:00am (EST) on November 28th, donations made through Facebook’s charitable giving tool will be matched up to $50,000 per nonprofit. Facebook is also waiving all fees, so 100% of what you give on the platform will help bring clean water to people in need.
Even outside of the match, the ability to support your favorite charities from within the social networking platform is an amazing gift, and we can’t wait to see the impact. As a reminder, you can find us on Facebook here.
2. The Stoneybrook Foundation accepts one-time and recurring donations via our Network for Good donation page!
Whether it’s a one-time gift of $100, or a monthly recurring gift of $15 (that’ about 3 venti cappuccino’s at Starbucks per month), anyone with a credit or debit card can donate through our Network for Good Donation Page. You can even cover the transaction fees with your gift, so the Stoneybrook Foundation receives your full gift amount!
Your gift allows the Stoneybrook Foundation to:
- Keep lesson costs low for students and families
- Buy appropriately fitted equipment for student lessons
- Educate staff to provide excellent instruction
- Maintain the health and care for our very special horse partners
- Grow our program to reach more people with special needs
Be sure to keep an eye on your email on #GivingTuesday. More information will be headed your way soon! Don’t miss out on your chance to be part of something life-changing!